Do you love seafood and travel? Are you fascinated with the world’s best seafood destinations? From a steaming tureen of bouillabaisse to shrimp sizzling on the barbie, from buttery, succulent lobster to a meaty grilled swordfish steak, there are irresistible treats all over the world waiting for us to discover them.
Have you ever traveled thousands of miles for the freshest seafood? Or have you ever wanted to but weren't sure which seafood paradise to choose?
Just how seafood crazy are you? Are your travel choices based on the countries and cities with the best seafood and fish? Once you get off the plane is your first question, where is the best place for seafood? Or, if you’re anything like me, you arrived already armed with a list of most highly-rated eateries. Right?
If you’re as seafood-mad as me, then you’re in the right place, and I’m so glad you’re here so we can share this seafood obsession together. Would you like some tips on where to go, what restaurants and fish markets to seek out. like some simple tips on how to choose the sweetest, freshest seafood? Or how to cook it quickly and to perfection every time?
If you can answer yes to any of those questions, I hope you’ll join the Seafood Tripping community and come along for the ride as together we discover the world’s best seafood.
I admit that while I love discovering new cultures, monuments and museums, beaches and mountains, a big draw when I choose a destination is the food, specifically the seafood. If there is fresh fish and seafood cooked well and in interesting ways—from elaborate multi-seafood stews steamy with saffron and garlic to simple crispy fish and chips—I'm there! And I want to take you with me.
But beyond entertainment and pretty pictures, I’ll share:
- Tips on how to find and choose good seafood to cook and eat.
- Recommendations for less-known destinations that have the quality stuff, places to stay or eat there, and other attractions besides eating seafood (is there such a thing?).
- Recipes for dishes I love so much that I’ve recreated them at home, like the exotic, rich black spaghetti of Sicily
- Videos podcasts featuring seafood experts
- A forum for the Seafood Tripping community to get together
- Courses on seafood preparation
- Ebooks on all things seafood